Chris O'Dowd Marries Dawn Porter in Three-Day 'WedFest'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 6
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Flashburst/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Exactly eight months after Chris O'Dowd popped the question, the Irish star of "Bridesmaids" and "Girls" tied the knot with English TV presenter Dawn Porter Aug. 26; the couple documented the happy occasion via Twitter.
In the days leading up to their wedding, Porter, 33, seemed relatively at ease. "For someone who doesn't quite fit into her wedding dress, I sure hoofed that Thai take out like it was the last meal I would ever see," she told her nearly 140,000 Twitter followers.
According to Porter, the wedding "was a three-day love fest. Sure, I have an amazing husband, but I also have the most smashing pals imaginable."
O'Dowd tweeted a photo of himself with Porter wearing matching sweatsuits. "Just married!" he wrote in the photo caption.
"Thanks so much for all yer WedFest well wishes," O'Dowd added. "It was magical, start to finish. And hey, who needs a liver? I've got a sexy wife."
The actor, 32, tweeted several more photos from the celebration, including one of their friends, whom O'Dowd described as "amazing, tipsy, tired but beautiful vagabonds." He also tweeted a racy photo of Porter in lingerie, writing, "There are times for restraint and there are times to boast about your sexy new wife! Look what I got!" O'Dowd later removed the image, with his bride tweeting, "That wasn't the wedding photo I was planning to release. Husbands."
The couple, who met in 2009 and got engaged on December 26, 2011, seem to be settling into married life quite nicely. "Day in bed with Kettle Chips. Married life is bloody amazing," Porter tweeted August 27. "This is how it will always be, right?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite