Chris O'Dowd Marries Dawn Porter in Three-Day 'WedFest'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 6
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Flashburst/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Exactly eight months after Chris O'Dowd popped the question, the Irish star of "Bridesmaids" and "Girls" tied the knot with English TV presenter Dawn Porter Aug. 26; the couple documented the happy occasion via Twitter.
In the days leading up to their wedding, Porter, 33, seemed relatively at ease. "For someone who doesn't quite fit into her wedding dress, I sure hoofed that Thai take out like it was the last meal I would ever see," she told her nearly 140,000 Twitter followers.
According to Porter, the wedding "was a three-day love fest. Sure, I have an amazing husband, but I also have the most smashing pals imaginable."
O'Dowd tweeted a photo of himself with Porter wearing matching sweatsuits. "Just married!" he wrote in the photo caption.
"Thanks so much for all yer WedFest well wishes," O'Dowd added. "It was magical, start to finish. And hey, who needs a liver? I've got a sexy wife."
The actor, 32, tweeted several more photos from the celebration, including one of their friends, whom O'Dowd described as "amazing, tipsy, tired but beautiful vagabonds." He also tweeted a racy photo of Porter in lingerie, writing, "There are times for restraint and there are times to boast about your sexy new wife! Look what I got!" O'Dowd later removed the image, with his bride tweeting, "That wasn't the wedding photo I was planning to release. Husbands."
The couple, who met in 2009 and got engaged on December 26, 2011, seem to be settling into married life quite nicely. "Day in bed with Kettle Chips. Married life is bloody amazing," Porter tweeted August 27. "This is how it will always be, right?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite