Chris O'Dowd Marries Dawn Porter in Three-Day 'WedFest'
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 6
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Flashburst/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Exactly eight months after Chris O'Dowd popped the question, the Irish star of "Bridesmaids" and "Girls" tied the knot with English TV presenter Dawn Porter Aug. 26; the couple documented the happy occasion via Twitter.
In the days leading up to their wedding, Porter, 33, seemed relatively at ease. "For someone who doesn't quite fit into her wedding dress, I sure hoofed that Thai take out like it was the last meal I would ever see," she told her nearly 140,000 Twitter followers.
According to Porter, the wedding "was a three-day love fest. Sure, I have an amazing husband, but I also have the most smashing pals imaginable."
O'Dowd tweeted a photo of himself with Porter wearing matching sweatsuits. "Just married!" he wrote in the photo caption.
"Thanks so much for all yer WedFest well wishes," O'Dowd added. "It was magical, start to finish. And hey, who needs a liver? I've got a sexy wife."
The actor, 32, tweeted several more photos from the celebration, including one of their friends, whom O'Dowd described as "amazing, tipsy, tired but beautiful vagabonds." He also tweeted a racy photo of Porter in lingerie, writing, "There are times for restraint and there are times to boast about your sexy new wife! Look what I got!" O'Dowd later removed the image, with his bride tweeting, "That wasn't the wedding photo I was planning to release. Husbands."
The couple, who met in 2009 and got engaged on December 26, 2011, seem to be settling into married life quite nicely. "Day in bed with Kettle Chips. Married life is bloody amazing," Porter tweeted August 27. "This is how it will always be, right?"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite