Chris Pine reveals why he broke up with model Dominique Piek
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: Frederic Nebinger/StarTraks3 of 8
- Photo: Joerg Carstensen/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Chris Pine isn't usually one to kiss and tell, but the blue-eyed hunk reveals why he recently split up with model Dominique Piek in OUT's June-July issue. "It's really hard in our business to maintain something," the 6-foot-1 actor admits. "For me, right now, it'd be really hard."
Though he's not looking for love at the moment, Pine acknowledges that it's not too hard to meet women in Hollywood. "Well, I'm a 32-year-old man," he says with a smile. "I feel like it's always springtime."
For now, the actor is focused on promoting "Star Trek Into Darkness." To get in shape for the international press tour, Pine completed a three-week green juice cleanse. "I can't eat pasta like I used to, even, like, a month ago. It's too much," the Los Angeles native says. "And nothing beats a good bottle of red wine and some Italian food."
Instead of logging extra hours in the gym, Pine tells the magazine he prefers to play tennis. "It's strictly for vanity," he admits, laughing. "I need accountability. I need to know that I will lose out on money if I don't show up. Otherwise, I'll be chain-smoking and drinking copious amounts of coffee. I wish I had the f---ing willpower."
The single star also opens up about his close friendship with Zachary Quinto, his co-star in 2009's "Star Trek" and 2013's "Star Trek Into Darkness." When Quinto came out publicly in a 2011 interview with New York magazine, he had Pine's full support. "I thought it was rad. It was really, really cool. He did it on his own time, on his own schedule. And Jonathan [Groff], who he's dating, is such a lovely man. He's a good guy and a great actor, and they make a fantastic couple," Pine says. "I couldn't have been happier for Zach."
Pine says he knew that Quinto was gay "from the moment I met him" -- not that it made a difference. "It was just who Zach was and that's that. I'm sensitive, and I don't ever want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Knowing that for Zach it was more about a career thing and that he was not comfortable at the time coming out -- it was fine," Pine tells OUT. "It was something that we kind of tiptoed around and I just took it as a given, because that's what he wanted."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"Hit and Run" co-stars and fiances Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell talk about their Hollywood romance and more with Wonderwall's Rebecca Silverstein.Watch Video »
"Playing for Keeps" star Gerard Butler talks about going shirtless and more with Wonderwall editor Rebecca Silverstein.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite