Chris Pine reveals why he broke up with model Dominique Piek
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 8
- Photo: Frederic Nebinger/StarTraks3 of 8
- Photo: Joerg Carstensen/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Chris Pine isn't usually one to kiss and tell, but the blue-eyed hunk reveals why he recently split up with model Dominique Piek in OUT's June-July issue. "It's really hard in our business to maintain something," the 6-foot-1 actor admits. "For me, right now, it'd be really hard."
Though he's not looking for love at the moment, Pine acknowledges that it's not too hard to meet women in Hollywood. "Well, I'm a 32-year-old man," he says with a smile. "I feel like it's always springtime."
For now, the actor is focused on promoting "Star Trek Into Darkness." To get in shape for the international press tour, Pine completed a three-week green juice cleanse. "I can't eat pasta like I used to, even, like, a month ago. It's too much," the Los Angeles native says. "And nothing beats a good bottle of red wine and some Italian food."
Instead of logging extra hours in the gym, Pine tells the magazine he prefers to play tennis. "It's strictly for vanity," he admits, laughing. "I need accountability. I need to know that I will lose out on money if I don't show up. Otherwise, I'll be chain-smoking and drinking copious amounts of coffee. I wish I had the f---ing willpower."
The single star also opens up about his close friendship with Zachary Quinto, his co-star in 2009's "Star Trek" and 2013's "Star Trek Into Darkness." When Quinto came out publicly in a 2011 interview with New York magazine, he had Pine's full support. "I thought it was rad. It was really, really cool. He did it on his own time, on his own schedule. And Jonathan [Groff], who he's dating, is such a lovely man. He's a good guy and a great actor, and they make a fantastic couple," Pine says. "I couldn't have been happier for Zach."
Pine says he knew that Quinto was gay "from the moment I met him" -- not that it made a difference. "It was just who Zach was and that's that. I'm sensitive, and I don't ever want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Knowing that for Zach it was more about a career thing and that he was not comfortable at the time coming out -- it was fine," Pine tells OUT. "It was something that we kind of tiptoed around and I just took it as a given, because that's what he wanted."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite