- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 20
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Jonathan Short/AP3 of 20
- Photo: AP4 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 20
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 20
- Photo: @jonathanogden75/Twitter8 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Suntzulynn for LE/Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin13 of 20
- Photo: ENFOQUE/Bauer-Griffin14 of 20
- Photo: KPA/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 20
- Photo: Andrew Medichini/Evan Agostini/Joel Ryan/AP16 of 20
- Photo: AP17 of 20
- Photo: WENN18 of 20
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
MILAN (AP) -- George Clooney and his ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis are among more than 200 witnesses accepted Wednesday by a Milan court in the trial of former Premier Silvio Berlusconi for allegedly paying for sex with an underage prostitute.
RELATED: Celebrity bachelors: When will they wed?
Clooney has said he was approached by Berlusconi's team to testify about "bunga bunga" parties at Berlusconi's villas, but says he only visited the premier's residence once to seek aid for Darfur and declined an invitation to stay.
Berlusconi's defense lawyer Niccolo Ghedini told reporters that Clooney and soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo are on the defense list because an important prosecution witness cited them, the news agency LaPresse reported. Ghedini said they want to dispute the witness's testimony.
Clooney said in an interview with Time magazine posted Online that he was willing to testify, but added, "I wasn't at the bunga bunga party."
"I went to speak about Darfur. ... It was a very interesting conversation to say the least, that became a very different kind of event than anyone ever thought," he said.
At the end of the meeting, Clooney said he was invited to stay for a party. The actor said he responded, "No, I gotta go."
The witness list also includes Karima el-Mahroug, the Moroccan teen who is alleged to have had sex with Berlusconi in exchange for money. She and Berlusconi, 75, have denied a sexual relationship.
Also slated to testify are three former aides being tried separately for their alleged role in organizing sex-fueled parties, as well as Mariano Apicella, who has put out four CDs with Berlusconi and often entertains at his residences, and two members of Berlusconi's defunct government, ex-Foreign Minister Franco Frattini and ex-Education Minister Mariastella Gelmini.
By accepting the witnesses, the court agrees their testimony is relevant, although either side may decide later to reduce the number of witnesses or not to call someone because his or her testimony is no longer needed. Furthermore, Italy has limited power to compel witnesses living abroad to appear, although courts often arrange video testimony for the convenience of potential witnesses.
The court also allowed transcripts of wiretapped calls to be entered as evidence, while a record of phone calls between Berlusconi and a police official won't be admitted.
Berlusconi is also charged with using his influence to cover up the crime of underage prostitution by personally intervening to win el-Mahroug's release from police custody when she was picked up on suspicion of theft.
Berlusconi denies the charge and says he sought to get her out of custody because he believed she was the niece of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
Ghedini said the exclusion of the phone call records was a "serious problem" for the defense, because it proves there was no abuse of influence, but he said that will be made clear through the police official's testimony.
The trial continues next week with the first witnesses, including police investigators.
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite