Clooney's Co-Star: it Was Right of Him to Protest
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Cliff Owen/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Pete Muller/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: SPW/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
By Carrie Bell
George Clooney hoped that protesting outside the Sudanese embassy in Washington, D.C. -- and getting arrested for it on Friday -- would bring attention to the famine and humanitarian crisis in the northern African country. And it turns out his courageous actions have inspired his former co-stars; namely, Amara Miller, his onscreen daughter from "The Descendants."
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
"He is so amazing, a good guy. He really cares about people and their rights. And he isn't afraid to speak up about causes he believes in," Miller told Wonderwall on the red carpet at the world premiere of "Mirror Mirror" Saturday in Hollywood, Calif. "I think it was right of him to protest something like that. Maybe being arrested is not a fun way to spend a day and he probably doesn't want to do it again, but it certainly gets attention for the cause. People are talking about it."
The 11-year-old actress added that she considers Clooney a role model.
RELATED: Foxy Over 50
"He's a great actor and a lot of fun to work with," she gushed. "He's always joking around and pranking people, but I admire him because he also has causes he believes in and fights for them like when he helped raise $72 million for Haiti when they had that big earthquake. Even to the point of protesting and being arrested. Getting to know him made me want to be more active when I grow up. I definitely look up to him."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite