Colin Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood
- Photo: HonopixFrame/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: JD1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: VPA/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Gonzalo/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Gregory Bull/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
Actor Colin Farrell is surprised to still be working in Hollywood after burning "so many bridges" during his hell-raising heyday.
The Irish star took full advantage of his newfound fame after his breakthrough role in the 2002 sci-fi hit "Minority Report," and he fell into a downward spiral of substance abuse. He entered rehab in 2005 for addiction to prescription and recreational drugs and quit drinking upon his release in 2006. He has since learned to embrace the "sweet simplicity" of his healthy lifestyle. And Farrell, who will next appear in the "Total Recall" remake, insists he is lucky to still have a career after behaving so badly in his darkest moments.
RELATED: Celeb Health Habits
The father-of-two tells Britain's Men's Health magazine, "I had burned so many bridges in the film industry that I couldn't get a f------ meeting. But now I'm just enjoying life.
RELATED: Comedian Andy Dick Back in Rehab
"One of the big things that I was drawn to about drugs was the ritual. I don't put the same level of energy into healthy living as I did into unhealthy living, but I eat really well, drink loads of green tea, and take a s--- load of vitamins. It's so f----- boring ... Life has mutated to take on this sweet simplicity that I am really f------ OK with."
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite