Colin Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood
- Photo: HonopixFrame/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: JD1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: VPA/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Gonzalo/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Gregory Bull/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Big Brother,' CBS Top Repeat-Heavy NightMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 9:12:00 AM
- Slow Box Office Thursday for 'November Man' and 'As Above/So Below&apMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:39:00 AM
- '99 Homes' brings US subprime crisis to VeniceMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:31:34 AM
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC NewsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Review: 'Bad Feminist' essays are sharp, funnyMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 7:14:50 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother,' CBS Top Repeat-Heavy Night
Actor Colin Farrell is surprised to still be working in Hollywood after burning "so many bridges" during his hell-raising heyday.
The Irish star took full advantage of his newfound fame after his breakthrough role in the 2002 sci-fi hit "Minority Report," and he fell into a downward spiral of substance abuse. He entered rehab in 2005 for addiction to prescription and recreational drugs and quit drinking upon his release in 2006. He has since learned to embrace the "sweet simplicity" of his healthy lifestyle. And Farrell, who will next appear in the "Total Recall" remake, insists he is lucky to still have a career after behaving so badly in his darkest moments.
RELATED: Celeb Health Habits
The father-of-two tells Britain's Men's Health magazine, "I had burned so many bridges in the film industry that I couldn't get a f------ meeting. But now I'm just enjoying life.
RELATED: Comedian Andy Dick Back in Rehab
"One of the big things that I was drawn to about drugs was the ritual. I don't put the same level of energy into healthy living as I did into unhealthy living, but I eat really well, drink loads of green tea, and take a s--- load of vitamins. It's so f----- boring ... Life has mutated to take on this sweet simplicity that I am really f------ OK with."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite