Colin Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood
- Photo: HonopixFrame/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: JD1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: VPA/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Gonzalo/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Gregory Bull/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Prisoners' Director Denis Villeneuve Eyed for Female-Driven Crime Drama &aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 11:49:18 AM
- 'Twice Born' Review: Penélope Cruz and Emile Hirsch as Twits Under Fire in SarajevMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 11:31:43 AM
- Rick Santorum Compares Obamacare to Apartheid, on Night of Mandela's Death (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:38 AM
- Sony Taps Michael De Luca as President of ProductionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:11:33 AM
- Ron Burgundy Thinks 24-Hour News Is 'Stupid' in 'Anchorman 2 Clip (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:03:17 AM
- 'Prisoners' Director Denis Villeneuve Eyed for Female-Driven Crime Drama &apos
Actor Colin Farrell is surprised to still be working in Hollywood after burning "so many bridges" during his hell-raising heyday.
The Irish star took full advantage of his newfound fame after his breakthrough role in the 2002 sci-fi hit "Minority Report," and he fell into a downward spiral of substance abuse. He entered rehab in 2005 for addiction to prescription and recreational drugs and quit drinking upon his release in 2006. He has since learned to embrace the "sweet simplicity" of his healthy lifestyle. And Farrell, who will next appear in the "Total Recall" remake, insists he is lucky to still have a career after behaving so badly in his darkest moments.
RELATED: Celeb Health Habits
The father-of-two tells Britain's Men's Health magazine, "I had burned so many bridges in the film industry that I couldn't get a f------ meeting. But now I'm just enjoying life.
RELATED: Comedian Andy Dick Back in Rehab
"One of the big things that I was drawn to about drugs was the ritual. I don't put the same level of energy into healthy living as I did into unhealthy living, but I eat really well, drink loads of green tea, and take a s--- load of vitamins. It's so f----- boring ... Life has mutated to take on this sweet simplicity that I am really f------ OK with."
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNothing to Hide
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite