Colin Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood
- Photo: HonopixFrame/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: BRJ/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: GADE/GSI4 of 16
- Photo: JD1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: VPA/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Gonzalo/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: HVC/ZOJ/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Gregory Bull/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
Actor Colin Farrell is surprised to still be working in Hollywood after burning "so many bridges" during his hell-raising heyday.
The Irish star took full advantage of his newfound fame after his breakthrough role in the 2002 sci-fi hit "Minority Report," and he fell into a downward spiral of substance abuse. He entered rehab in 2005 for addiction to prescription and recreational drugs and quit drinking upon his release in 2006. He has since learned to embrace the "sweet simplicity" of his healthy lifestyle. And Farrell, who will next appear in the "Total Recall" remake, insists he is lucky to still have a career after behaving so badly in his darkest moments.
RELATED: Celeb Health Habits
The father-of-two tells Britain's Men's Health magazine, "I had burned so many bridges in the film industry that I couldn't get a f------ meeting. But now I'm just enjoying life.
RELATED: Comedian Andy Dick Back in Rehab
"One of the big things that I was drawn to about drugs was the ritual. I don't put the same level of energy into healthy living as I did into unhealthy living, but I eat really well, drink loads of green tea, and take a s--- load of vitamins. It's so f----- boring ... Life has mutated to take on this sweet simplicity that I am really f------ OK with."
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite