Corey Haim Snubbed at Oscars In Memoriam Tribute
- Photo: WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Jason Kempin/FilmMagic2 of 7
- Photo: Ron Galella/GettyImages.com3 of 7
- Photo: Ron Galella/GettyImages.com4 of 7
- Photo: Rachel Worth/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Corey Haim is this year's Farrah Fawcett.
The troubled teen star, who died at age 38 in March 2010, was left out of the "In Memoriam" segment during Sunday's Academy Awards show, which paid tribute to actors, directors, writers and other film industry greats who passed away.
Although he battled drug addiction in his later years, the actor -- best known for 80s flicks like "License to Drive" and "The Lost Boys" -- died March 10 due to pneumonia and an ongoing heart condition.
The icon was also left out of a similar montage at the SAG awards, and his BFF Corey Feldman complained to the Hollywood Reporter, "We have become used to not being honored by our peers in the industry."
The Academy has yet to explain Haim's omission. At last year's Oscars, many were disappointed that actress Fawcett, who died of cancer at age 62 in June 2009, was omitted from that year's Oscars tribute.
A rep for the academy explained at the time that Fawcett was better known for her "remarkable television work ... in every category, you're going to miss some wonderful people."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite