Coroner: Pneumonia, drugs killed Brittany Murphy
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Michel Euler/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Armando Franca/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles County coroner says Brittany Murphy died from pneumonia but prescription drug intoxication was also a factor.
RELATED VIDEO: Coroner details Brittany Murphy death
The coroner released its results Thursday.
Spokesman Craig Harvey says the primary cause of Murphy's death was pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication. Harvey says the drugs ingested were all prescription medications.
RELATED: See more photos of Brittany Murphy
Harvey declined to say more about what types of drugs were involved. He says those details will be released in about two weeks when a complete report is ready.
Murphy died Dec. 20 at age 32 after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home. Her mother and husband have said that the actress didn't abuse prescription medications or have an eating disorder.
RELATED: Which stars did we lose in 2009?
Attempts to contact them Thursday were unsuccessful.
From Crowd Ignite