Coroner: Pneumonia, drugs killed Brittany Murphy
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Michel Euler/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Armando Franca/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- What's Next After 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 11 More Offbeat Marvel HeroeMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 8:00:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Blasts Off With Super $11.2 Million Box Office Thursday MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 7:57:00 AM
- Batman creator's personal copies to be auctionedMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 7:46:27 AM
- Got a beef with television? Why not sue somebody?MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 7:46:03 AM
- How Much Will Piracy of 'The Expendables 3' Cost Lionsgate?MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 6:50:00 AM
- What's Next After 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 11 More Offbeat Marvel Heroe
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles County coroner says Brittany Murphy died from pneumonia but prescription drug intoxication was also a factor.
RELATED VIDEO: Coroner details Brittany Murphy death
The coroner released its results Thursday.
Spokesman Craig Harvey says the primary cause of Murphy's death was pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication. Harvey says the drugs ingested were all prescription medications.
RELATED: See more photos of Brittany Murphy
Harvey declined to say more about what types of drugs were involved. He says those details will be released in about two weeks when a complete report is ready.
Murphy died Dec. 20 at age 32 after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home. Her mother and husband have said that the actress didn't abuse prescription medications or have an eating disorder.
RELATED: Which stars did we lose in 2009?
Attempts to contact them Thursday were unsuccessful.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite