Critics: Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake Lack 'Chemistry' in Sex Scene
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Misha Japaridze/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: A.Macpherson/T.Gillis /Splash News/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: Johns PKI / Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: A-way! / Splash News/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
The adult-comedy -- which features Diaz, 38, as a drugged-up, uninterested seventh grade substitute teacher -- has been deemed everything from "breezily crude" to "refreshingly raucous."
"There is no chemistry, or indeed even mutual awareness between Diaz and Timberlake," Roger Ebert says of the former real-life couple. "You know those annual Bad Sex Awards for the worst sex scene in a movie? Their dry-humping scene deserves an award for the decade. The scene itself is pathetic. The shot it ends on -- the wet spot on Timberlake's blue jeans -- had the preview audience recoiling."
But New York Times writer Manohla Dargis calls the film "a breezily crude comedy about unladylike pleasures like guzzling booze, swearing at children and being mean because, well, you can be ... Cameron Diaz taps into her inner thug."
Bill Goodykoontz of the Arizona Republic credits actor Jason Segal, who plays a cynical gym teacher, as the film's only character who "seems like a real person instead of a caricature."
MSN Movies' Glenn Kenny, however, calls "Bad Teacher" "a refreshingly raucous comedy that comes surprisingly close to completely living up to its lack of conviction."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite