Critics: Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake Lack 'Chemistry' in Sex Scene
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Misha Japaridze/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: A.Macpherson/T.Gillis /Splash News/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: Johns PKI / Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: A-way! / Splash News/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
The adult-comedy -- which features Diaz, 38, as a drugged-up, uninterested seventh grade substitute teacher -- has been deemed everything from "breezily crude" to "refreshingly raucous."
"There is no chemistry, or indeed even mutual awareness between Diaz and Timberlake," Roger Ebert says of the former real-life couple. "You know those annual Bad Sex Awards for the worst sex scene in a movie? Their dry-humping scene deserves an award for the decade. The scene itself is pathetic. The shot it ends on -- the wet spot on Timberlake's blue jeans -- had the preview audience recoiling."
But New York Times writer Manohla Dargis calls the film "a breezily crude comedy about unladylike pleasures like guzzling booze, swearing at children and being mean because, well, you can be ... Cameron Diaz taps into her inner thug."
Bill Goodykoontz of the Arizona Republic credits actor Jason Segal, who plays a cynical gym teacher, as the film's only character who "seems like a real person instead of a caricature."
MSN Movies' Glenn Kenny, however, calls "Bad Teacher" "a refreshingly raucous comedy that comes surprisingly close to completely living up to its lack of conviction."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite