Critics: Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake Lack 'Chemistry' in Sex Scene
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Misha Japaridze/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: A.Macpherson/T.Gillis /Splash News/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: Johns PKI / Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: A-way! / Splash News/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
The adult-comedy -- which features Diaz, 38, as a drugged-up, uninterested seventh grade substitute teacher -- has been deemed everything from "breezily crude" to "refreshingly raucous."
"There is no chemistry, or indeed even mutual awareness between Diaz and Timberlake," Roger Ebert says of the former real-life couple. "You know those annual Bad Sex Awards for the worst sex scene in a movie? Their dry-humping scene deserves an award for the decade. The scene itself is pathetic. The shot it ends on -- the wet spot on Timberlake's blue jeans -- had the preview audience recoiling."
But New York Times writer Manohla Dargis calls the film "a breezily crude comedy about unladylike pleasures like guzzling booze, swearing at children and being mean because, well, you can be ... Cameron Diaz taps into her inner thug."
Bill Goodykoontz of the Arizona Republic credits actor Jason Segal, who plays a cynical gym teacher, as the film's only character who "seems like a real person instead of a caricature."
MSN Movies' Glenn Kenny, however, calls "Bad Teacher" "a refreshingly raucous comedy that comes surprisingly close to completely living up to its lack of conviction."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite