Critics: Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake Lack 'Chemistry' in Sex Scene
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Misha Japaridze/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Promotional6 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 15
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: A.Macpherson/T.Gillis /Splash News/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: Johns PKI / Splash News/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: PN2/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: A-way! / Splash News/Splash News14 of 15
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
The adult-comedy -- which features Diaz, 38, as a drugged-up, uninterested seventh grade substitute teacher -- has been deemed everything from "breezily crude" to "refreshingly raucous."
"There is no chemistry, or indeed even mutual awareness between Diaz and Timberlake," Roger Ebert says of the former real-life couple. "You know those annual Bad Sex Awards for the worst sex scene in a movie? Their dry-humping scene deserves an award for the decade. The scene itself is pathetic. The shot it ends on -- the wet spot on Timberlake's blue jeans -- had the preview audience recoiling."
But New York Times writer Manohla Dargis calls the film "a breezily crude comedy about unladylike pleasures like guzzling booze, swearing at children and being mean because, well, you can be ... Cameron Diaz taps into her inner thug."
Bill Goodykoontz of the Arizona Republic credits actor Jason Segal, who plays a cynical gym teacher, as the film's only character who "seems like a real person instead of a caricature."
MSN Movies' Glenn Kenny, however, calls "Bad Teacher" "a refreshingly raucous comedy that comes surprisingly close to completely living up to its lack of conviction."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite