- Photo: Katie and Tom at the National Movie Awards/LTB/VMAB/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Tom, Katie and Suri in NYC on May 24/Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Barcroft/Fame Pictures5 of 9
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are LeakedMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Why Is Hope Solo Allowed to Play Soccer Despite Domestic Abuse Charges?MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Gabrielle Union Vows to Contact FBI After Stolen Topless Photos Are Leaked
By Kat Giantis
The Daily Mirror claims the actor's peeps "flew into a flap" when they realized that Joshua Jackson, who dated Katie in the early days of "Dawson's Creek" (sigh, we miss you Pacey and Joey), would be attending the event with longtime love Diane Kruger.
RELATED: Tom opens up to Esquire
The show's organizers were supposedly ordered to seat the oh-so-adorable "Fringe" star and his "Inglourious Basterds" squeeze "well away" from Suri's parents, who achieved new levels of awkwardness on the red carpet with poses such as this, this and this.
"There isn't much love lost between Tom and Josh," a source maintains to the tab. "When his people found out he was on the same red carpet, there suddenly came a number of extra stipulations."
But would Cruise, who was honored at the ceremony with a Screen Icon award, really be worried about bumping into a guy who Holmes hooked up with way back in 1998, even if she has described him as her "first love"?
Apparently, not so much.
"False," Tom's spokeswoman tells Wonderwall. "I was there. [It's] made up completely."
And for those of you who currently have "I don't wanna wait, for our lives to be ohhhh-ver, I want to know right now what will it be ..." stuck in your noggin, we're really sorry.
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite