Cuba Gooding Jr.: Tom Cruise is a 'real salt-of-the-earth person'
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: PK / Persona / CapitalPictures //Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Simpson/Bruckheimer/Paramount Pictures4 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: NC1/TWT/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: TriStar Pictures/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: BT1/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA10 of 11
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Cuba Gooding Jr. and Tom Cruise's bromance is still going strong. The "Jerry Maguire" costars recently reunited on April 16 when Cruise visited Gooding Jr. at his Broadway play "The Trip to Bountiful" in New York City.
Us Weekly caught up with the 45-year-old Broadway star on April 23 at the opening night of his show, and he shared what it was like to see his old pal. Gooding Jr., 45, told Us he "absolutely" has kept in touch with the "Oblivion" actor, 50, since they worked together in 1996.
"I love him to death. He has been so supportive of my career," he explained. "I followed his movies before I ever worked with him. I was a fan of "Top Gun" and all of those. But he always surprises me with, not only his craft, but the fact that he shows up unannounced at my play. He was standing up. He got emotional during the end of the play."
"He's a real salt-of-the-earth person that God has blessed and I tell him everyday, 'God loves you, man!' He really does," Gooding Jr. added. "And you can see it through the blessings that he keeps showering down."
"The Butler" actor also gave Us an update on his family. His daughter Piper is around the same age as Cruise's 7-year-old daughter Suri. "She's into dance and gymnastics," Gooding Jr. said. "That's her thing. And singing. She's a little ballerina."
He is also dad to two teenage sons, Spencer and Mason, with wife Sara Kapfer. "My oldest one is looking at colleges," he shared. "He just left yesterday to L.A., but he's looking at colleges on the East Coast, so it will be fun."
While his wife may be getting a little emotional about Spencer leaving for college, Gooding Jr. joked that it's time he showed him the money!
"You gotta pay rent soon!" he quipped. "No, I'm kidding!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite