Dakota Fanning Gets Glam on Cosmopolitan Cover
- Photo: .1 of 18
- Photo: WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital3 of 18
- Photo: WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 18
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks6 of 18
- Photo: WENN7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W11 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W12 of 18
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin13 of 18
- Photo: Casey Steele/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Eddie Mejia/Splash News/Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:46:00 AM
- 'Reclaim' Review: Ryan Phillippe and Rachelle Lefevre Are Fooled Twice, and Then SMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Oculus unveils new prototype VR headsetMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:44:54 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &
Dakota Fanning isn't the adorable, scene-stealing child star from "I Am Sam" anymore.
The 17-year-old actress debuted a mature new look on the February issue of Cosmopolitan by wearing a plunging, figure-hugging J. Mendel dress. Fanning was named the magazine's "Fun Fearless Female of the Year," following in the footsteps of Mila Kunis (2011) and Anna Faris (2010).
Fanning, who's in the midst of her freshman year at New York University, tells the magazine she's always felt comfortable in her own skin, even in the glare of the spotlight.
"Since I was young, I've always known who I was," the actress says. "I never really had to go through finding who I am. I've always felt really secure."
Kristen Stewart, 21, witnessed Fanning's quiet confidence firsthand while shooting 2010's "The Runaways."
"We had a few scenes that were crazy intimidating, and maybe once or twice, she was like, 'OK, I have a butterfly in my stomach,'" Stewart recalls. "Meanwhile, I'm hyperventilating! Sometimes I give her s--- for being so on the ball."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite