Dakota Fanning Gets Glam on Cosmopolitan Cover
- Photo: .1 of 18
- Photo: WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital3 of 18
- Photo: WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 18
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks6 of 18
- Photo: WENN7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W11 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W12 of 18
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin13 of 18
- Photo: Casey Steele/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Eddie Mejia/Splash News/Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Dakota Fanning isn't the adorable, scene-stealing child star from "I Am Sam" anymore.
The 17-year-old actress debuted a mature new look on the February issue of Cosmopolitan by wearing a plunging, figure-hugging J. Mendel dress. Fanning was named the magazine's "Fun Fearless Female of the Year," following in the footsteps of Mila Kunis (2011) and Anna Faris (2010).
Fanning, who's in the midst of her freshman year at New York University, tells the magazine she's always felt comfortable in her own skin, even in the glare of the spotlight.
"Since I was young, I've always known who I was," the actress says. "I never really had to go through finding who I am. I've always felt really secure."
Kristen Stewart, 21, witnessed Fanning's quiet confidence firsthand while shooting 2010's "The Runaways."
"We had a few scenes that were crazy intimidating, and maybe once or twice, she was like, 'OK, I have a butterfly in my stomach,'" Stewart recalls. "Meanwhile, I'm hyperventilating! Sometimes I give her s--- for being so on the ball."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite