Dakota Fanning Gets Glam on Cosmopolitan Cover
- Photo: .1 of 18
- Photo: WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital3 of 18
- Photo: WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 18
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks6 of 18
- Photo: WENN7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W11 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W12 of 18
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin13 of 18
- Photo: Casey Steele/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Eddie Mejia/Splash News/Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Dakota Fanning isn't the adorable, scene-stealing child star from "I Am Sam" anymore.
The 17-year-old actress debuted a mature new look on the February issue of Cosmopolitan by wearing a plunging, figure-hugging J. Mendel dress. Fanning was named the magazine's "Fun Fearless Female of the Year," following in the footsteps of Mila Kunis (2011) and Anna Faris (2010).
Fanning, who's in the midst of her freshman year at New York University, tells the magazine she's always felt comfortable in her own skin, even in the glare of the spotlight.
"Since I was young, I've always known who I was," the actress says. "I never really had to go through finding who I am. I've always felt really secure."
Kristen Stewart, 21, witnessed Fanning's quiet confidence firsthand while shooting 2010's "The Runaways."
"We had a few scenes that were crazy intimidating, and maybe once or twice, she was like, 'OK, I have a butterfly in my stomach,'" Stewart recalls. "Meanwhile, I'm hyperventilating! Sometimes I give her s--- for being so on the ball."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite