Dakota Fanning Gets Glam on Cosmopolitan Cover
- Photo: .1 of 18
- Photo: WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital3 of 18
- Photo: WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 18
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks6 of 18
- Photo: WENN7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W11 of 18
- Photo: Mario Sorrenti/W12 of 18
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin13 of 18
- Photo: Casey Steele/WireImage14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Eddie Mejia/Splash News/Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 18
More Celeb News
- John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole for Eighth TimeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:16:00 PM
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical ContractsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:32:00 PM
- SAG-AFTRA Represents KPCC Staff in First-Ever Union Contract NegotiationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:36:00 PM
- James Franco Hilariously Disinvites, Disses Gawker Writer: You're 'One Click Away MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:23:00 PM
- Michael Brown Grand Jury Made Up of 9 White, 3 Black MembersMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:51:00 PM
- John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole for Eighth Time
Dakota Fanning isn't the adorable, scene-stealing child star from "I Am Sam" anymore.
The 17-year-old actress debuted a mature new look on the February issue of Cosmopolitan by wearing a plunging, figure-hugging J. Mendel dress. Fanning was named the magazine's "Fun Fearless Female of the Year," following in the footsteps of Mila Kunis (2011) and Anna Faris (2010).
Fanning, who's in the midst of her freshman year at New York University, tells the magazine she's always felt comfortable in her own skin, even in the glare of the spotlight.
"Since I was young, I've always known who I was," the actress says. "I never really had to go through finding who I am. I've always felt really secure."
Kristen Stewart, 21, witnessed Fanning's quiet confidence firsthand while shooting 2010's "The Runaways."
"We had a few scenes that were crazy intimidating, and maybe once or twice, she was like, 'OK, I have a butterfly in my stomach,'" Stewart recalls. "Meanwhile, I'm hyperventilating! Sometimes I give her s--- for being so on the ball."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
From Gwen Stefani to Britney Spears, check out some of the best all-time style moments from the Teen Choice Awards.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Kerry Washington and more stars who've married football stars.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite