Dakota Fanning Graduates from High School!Related: Tom Cruise, Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Brittany Murphy
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP1 of 21
Dakota's all grown up!
Dakota Fanning donned a blue cap and gown at downtown L.A.'s Walt Disney Concert Hall on Monday -- but this was no film shoot! The veteran child actress, now 17, attended her high school graduation ceremony with her classmates from North Hollywood private school Campbell Hall.
RELATED: Kid stars all grown up!
Despite her constant stream of film work (Hollywood took notice of her talent when she was just 6 years old in 2001's "I Am Sam") the "Twilight" star and her family have endeavored to maintain a somewhat "normal" childhood. She was part of the varsity cheerleading squad and was named homecoming queen two years in a row at Campbell Hall.
RELATED: Celebs at Oprah's last show
"I think it was really important to have the high school experience," she said on "Today" last fall. " I just think everyone always looks back on that time in their life. Who was homecoming princess and [did] the cheerleading ... and all the things that go along with high school? And I wanted to have that. I'm really lucky that I found a school that allows me to do both."
RELATED: Celebs who went to prom
Next up, Fanning plans to enroll in New York University this fall.
Click through to see more photos of Dakota through the years
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite