Dalai Lama to Share Stage With Russell Brand
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage3 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: TrickyD/Fame Flynet5 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Comedian Russell Brand will share the stage with Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama at an upcoming event in Manchester, England.
The Buddhist icon is to address thousands of young people at the Manchester Evening News Arena on June 16, and Brand will join the religious figure as a master of ceremonies, the Tibet House Trust has announced.
Brand was selected by trust officials because he turned to spirituality to beat his drug and alcohol demons.
RELATED: Hollywood's 50 Hottest Bachelors
The Dalai Lama's representative for Northern Europe, Thubten Samdup, says in a statement, "We are delighted to have Russell Brand as master of ceremonies for this once-in-a-lifetime event. Russell has demonstrated the power of spirituality to effect change in his own life. Change begins from within, from the grassroots up, one person at a time. So, in addition to meeting Presidents and Prime Ministers, His Holiness the Dalai Lama believes that it is essential to inspire ordinary citizens -- especially young people -- to find meaning and purpose in their lives."
RELATED: Dudes With Long Hair
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite