Dalai Lama to Share Stage With Russell Brand
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage3 of 8
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: TrickyD/Fame Flynet5 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 8
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
Comedian Russell Brand will share the stage with Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama at an upcoming event in Manchester, England.
The Buddhist icon is to address thousands of young people at the Manchester Evening News Arena on June 16, and Brand will join the religious figure as a master of ceremonies, the Tibet House Trust has announced.
Brand was selected by trust officials because he turned to spirituality to beat his drug and alcohol demons.
RELATED: Hollywood's 50 Hottest Bachelors
The Dalai Lama's representative for Northern Europe, Thubten Samdup, says in a statement, "We are delighted to have Russell Brand as master of ceremonies for this once-in-a-lifetime event. Russell has demonstrated the power of spirituality to effect change in his own life. Change begins from within, from the grassroots up, one person at a time. So, in addition to meeting Presidents and Prime Ministers, His Holiness the Dalai Lama believes that it is essential to inspire ordinary citizens -- especially young people -- to find meaning and purpose in their lives."
RELATED: Dudes With Long Hair
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite