Daughters Persuaded Melanie Griffith to Seek Rehab Help
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 12
- Photo: BEImages/Rex/.2 of 12
- Photo: WireImage.com3 of 12
- Photo: Andres Kudacki/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 12
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: KCSPresse / Splash News/Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Melanie Griffith has revealed an intervention staged by her daughters finally prompted her to seek help for addiction issues.
The actress admits she was struggling with painkillers three years ago when kids Dakota and Stella begged her to consider a stint in rehab.
She tells the Los Angeles Times, "(It) was the tipping point for me. It was when I finally went, 'Oh, OK, I get it. The family intervention?'
RELATED: Models With Famous Parents
She added, "My daughters really sat me down and said, 'Look, mom, this is what it is'. I don’t want to say what really happened, but they were the ones who said, 'You really need to get help,' and I heard them and knew what they meant. I couldn’t have done it without them and I’m so grateful. I see now I just didn’t get it before. It doesn’t mean that I’m stupid. It’s just that that’s what the disease is."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite