Demi 'Hurt' by Plastic Surgery Rumors, Wants to Reproduce With AshtonRelated: Hot Gossip, Demi Moore
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Promotional2 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Apega/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: VPC/Wonderwall6 of 10
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com7 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Jason Schwartzman Joins Christoph Waltz, Amy Adams in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes&aMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:59:22 PM
- Michael Cera Having a High Time in 'Crystal Fairy' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:55:28 PM
- Former Los Angeles Times Editor Sallie Hofmeister Joins SitrickMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:10:09 PM
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apoMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:51:14 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)
By Kat Giantis
At age 47, Demi Moore has an unlined face and lithe body women half her age would kill their dermatologists and personal trainers to have. And since she doesn't, as far as we know, have a painting of herself that's growing old and wrinkly in the attic, there's plenty of interest over how she's achieved her preternatural dewiness.
Such speculation doesn't necessarily sit well with the sometime actress, who tells the May issue of Elle UK (via the London Daily Mail) that she's grown tired of talk that she's had help fending off Mother Nature.
"In truth, I wish there was a little bit less curiosity and fascination with how I look, whether it's good or bad," admits Moore, who strikes a sultry pose on the cover in a gold corset. "I understand it, though, and I know it's not something I can control. I only hope it's serving some sort of purpose."
RELATED: See more pics of Demi
Still, she concedes that "it feels like schoolyard name-calling a lot of the time. It hurts. You know what? Maybe one day I'll go under the knife. It just irritates me that people are constantly saying how much I've spent on plastic surgery."
Demi, who reportedly had a boob job many years back (and has been dogged by rumors of a knee lift, among other alleged enhancements), acknowledges that she's made use of modern surgical techniques, although she doesn't elaborate.
"I have had something done, but it's not on my face," says Moore, who last year declared, "The scalpel won't make you happy."
RELATED: Demi's retouching kerfuffle
Either way, she deserves credit for not succumbing to Hollywood's waxy build-up syndrome, which has turned the face of many of her peers into shiny, immovable copies of their formerly lovely selves.
Maybe that's because of Moore's contented home life with hubby Ashton Kutcher, 32. In September, the Twitter-happy couple will celebrate their five-year wedding anniversary, and she says they continue to contemplate expanding their family.
"We talk about it and it's something that we would like," explains Demi. "He's an amazing father to my daughters [Rumer, 21, Scout, 18, and Tallulah, 16, with ex-husband Bruce Willis] already, so I have no doubt that if it's in our future, it would be another incredible part of our journey together."
For Moore, another part of that journey has apparently included learning how to grow more comfortable in her skin.
"I had an extreme obsession with my body," concedes Demi, who whipped herself into shape for such flicks as "Striptease" and "G.I. Jane" but has more recently fessed up to having "excess skin and stretch marks." "I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No."
According to Mrs. Kutcher, "The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless."
Read more Hot Gossip
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite