- Photo: Alex Whistler/Retna Digital1 of 8
- Photo: RD / Kabik / Retna Digital/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Bill Clinton Will Appear Thursday on 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart'MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 2:14:00 PM
- ISIS Produces Hollywood-Style 'Coming Soon' Video Threatening US TroopsMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 2:09:00 PM
- John Carroll Lynch to Play Jerry Sandusky in Penn State Sex Scandal Movie (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 1:45:00 PM
- 'Friends' Scores 20-Episode TBS Marathon for 20th AnniversaryMSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Senators Debate FCC Net Neutrality Curbs: It is a 'Nanny State Regulation'MSNEntertainment 9/17/2014 12:45:00 PM
- Bill Clinton Will Appear Thursday on 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart'
By Kat Giantis
Looks like Demi Moore didn't appreciate being put under the microscope after she was quoted as saying she'd never gone under the knife.
"All this garbage that came out today about me is nothing more than an effort to diminish not just me but all women," the preternaturally preserved actress tweeted on Monday night.
Her pronouncement was apparently in response to the loud cries of "Yeah, right" emitted after her reported nip-tuck denial in the French edition of Marie Claire.
"I've never had it done. But I would never judge those who have," Demi, 46, is quoted as saying (via the London Daily Mail). "If it's the best thing for them, then I don't see a problem. I don't like the idea of having an operation to hold up the aging process -- it's a way to combat your neurosis. The scalpel won't make you happy."
Moore, who, it should be noted, has twin weapons in her battle against Mother Nature in the form of "excellent" bone structure and the love of a dewy Ashton Kutcher, didn't hesitate to face down doubters, including one who called her out for a long-ago beach pic showing her sporting "excess skin and stretch marks. U can't go from that to now!"
But according to Demi, the enviably hard body she's frequently flashing in teeny bikinis (like this much-admired rear-view shot photographed by her 15-years-younger hubby) isn't without its flaws.
"I still have excess skin & stretch marks!" she insists.
When another follower greets that claim with a deep suspicion born from eye-popping moments like this, Moore shrugs, "Ahh hate to break it to you but I do. Comes with having a few kids 4 some of us!"
Moore, who is mom to Rumer, Scout and Tallulah with ex-husband Bruce Willis, adds that no good can come from making superficial judgments: "Diminishing us by continually measuring women based on how we look. Or don't look. Creating comparisons instead of connections. Say no 2 that!"
Whatever Demi has or hasn't had done (and we'll leave it to you and your search of the terms "Demi Moore" and "plastic surgery" to decide), there's no disputing that she looks line-free and fabulous, although she does take issue with the skin-deep double standard.
"Men seem to get classier than us when they age," she sighs to Marie Claire. "We live in a society [that] glorifies youth for women and gives value to maturity only for men. It's necessary to get rid of these ridiculous codes. It's fear which makes women less attractive, not age or appearance."
Moore then plays the "age ain't nothing but a number" card as she details her domestic bliss with "best friend" Kutcher.
"What matters most for me is to have found someone for whom the age gap doesn't mean anything and most of all with whom I have an incredibly deep relationship," she explains. "We're at different stages in our personal lives and in our careers. But we look at that as a positive thing because we are massively enriched by having different things to deal with and to share."
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
Oh, and there's one more thing: "I won't pretend that I'm not hugely happy to live with such a handsome man!"
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite