Denise Richards: Why I Regret My Boob Jobs
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: DC2/MPT/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: WP#AMU/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RW5/ZJE/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' MoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:07:32 AM
- Jon Stewart Bashes NSA and 'World of Warcraft' Gamers in Carly Rae Jepsen Song SpoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:55:51 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Star Oscar Isaac Performs Katy Perry's 'RoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:46:59 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)
Denise Richards hasn't always been happy with her body. In the new issue of Us Weekly (out now), the 40-year-old actress opens up about her series of botched boob jobs -- and why she decided to show them off in Playboy.
"When I was 19, a doctor put in bigger implants than what I asked for. I was in such a hurry to get them that I didn't research my doctor," Richards says. "I just thought because they're a plastic surgeon, they must be good. You have to be your advocate for your own body and ask 100 questions."
When she met with another surgeon to have them corrected, the doctor gave her even larger implants. "I felt very vulnerable," she tells Us. "I was getting ready to film [1998's] 'Wild Things,' and I didn't want to get into a lawsuit with some plastic surgeon. It wasn't right what the doctor did, but it is what it is."
So why did the "Real Girl Next Door" author decide to doff her top for Playboy in 2004? "A couple reasons: I wanted to encourage women that it's OK to embrace your sexuality even though you're a mom," Richards explains. "At the same time, I was having some problems in my marriage [to Charlie Sheen] and I didn't feel sexy and felt I had to prove something."
The "Blue Mountain State" actress -- who recently adopted 6-week-old daughter Eloise Joni -- adds that she's happy with her current breast size.
"This is the size I wanted them to look at 19! There's a long investment with breast implants. They're not going to last a lifetime and things can go wrong," she tells Us. "I'm happy with them now, but in a year that could change."
For more revelations from Richards -- including her tumultuous relationship with Sheen, her mother's battle with cancer, her decision to adopt, and much, much more -- pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, out now!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite