Denise Richards: Why I Regret My Boob Jobs
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: DC2/MPT/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: WP#AMU/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RW5/ZJE/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:16:00 PM
- Sailor in Iconic End-of-World War II Kissing Photo DeadMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Stooges Drummer Scott Asheton Dead, Iggy Pop SaysMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Producers and Cast Talk Finale, Season 5 and Caleb'MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Bachelor Vet Elizabeth Kitt Weds Bachelorette Alum Ty BrownMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:31:00 PM
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show
Denise Richards hasn't always been happy with her body. In the new issue of Us Weekly (out now), the 40-year-old actress opens up about her series of botched boob jobs -- and why she decided to show them off in Playboy.
"When I was 19, a doctor put in bigger implants than what I asked for. I was in such a hurry to get them that I didn't research my doctor," Richards says. "I just thought because they're a plastic surgeon, they must be good. You have to be your advocate for your own body and ask 100 questions."
When she met with another surgeon to have them corrected, the doctor gave her even larger implants. "I felt very vulnerable," she tells Us. "I was getting ready to film [1998's] 'Wild Things,' and I didn't want to get into a lawsuit with some plastic surgeon. It wasn't right what the doctor did, but it is what it is."
So why did the "Real Girl Next Door" author decide to doff her top for Playboy in 2004? "A couple reasons: I wanted to encourage women that it's OK to embrace your sexuality even though you're a mom," Richards explains. "At the same time, I was having some problems in my marriage [to Charlie Sheen] and I didn't feel sexy and felt I had to prove something."
The "Blue Mountain State" actress -- who recently adopted 6-week-old daughter Eloise Joni -- adds that she's happy with her current breast size.
"This is the size I wanted them to look at 19! There's a long investment with breast implants. They're not going to last a lifetime and things can go wrong," she tells Us. "I'm happy with them now, but in a year that could change."
For more revelations from Richards -- including her tumultuous relationship with Sheen, her mother's battle with cancer, her decision to adopt, and much, much more -- pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, out now!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Paris Hilton flaunts her new real estate development, the Paris Beach Club, on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rita Ora, Kristen Bell, and Britney Spears all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the controversy surrounding the "Bachelor" Juan Pablo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite