Denise Richards: Why I Regret My Boob Jobs
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: DC2/MPT/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: MSF/ZOJ/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: WP#AMU/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: RW5/ZJE/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Denise Richards hasn't always been happy with her body. In the new issue of Us Weekly (out now), the 40-year-old actress opens up about her series of botched boob jobs -- and why she decided to show them off in Playboy.
"When I was 19, a doctor put in bigger implants than what I asked for. I was in such a hurry to get them that I didn't research my doctor," Richards says. "I just thought because they're a plastic surgeon, they must be good. You have to be your advocate for your own body and ask 100 questions."
When she met with another surgeon to have them corrected, the doctor gave her even larger implants. "I felt very vulnerable," she tells Us. "I was getting ready to film [1998's] 'Wild Things,' and I didn't want to get into a lawsuit with some plastic surgeon. It wasn't right what the doctor did, but it is what it is."
So why did the "Real Girl Next Door" author decide to doff her top for Playboy in 2004? "A couple reasons: I wanted to encourage women that it's OK to embrace your sexuality even though you're a mom," Richards explains. "At the same time, I was having some problems in my marriage [to Charlie Sheen] and I didn't feel sexy and felt I had to prove something."
The "Blue Mountain State" actress -- who recently adopted 6-week-old daughter Eloise Joni -- adds that she's happy with her current breast size.
"This is the size I wanted them to look at 19! There's a long investment with breast implants. They're not going to last a lifetime and things can go wrong," she tells Us. "I'm happy with them now, but in a year that could change."
For more revelations from Richards -- including her tumultuous relationship with Sheen, her mother's battle with cancer, her decision to adopt, and much, much more -- pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, out now!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite