Dennis Hopper art collection up for auction in New York
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Ltd.1 of 6
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Iconic Saratoga Springs, NY, restaurant for saleMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:14:01 AM
- Sondheim himself sings in HBO's 'Six by Sondheim'MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:59:32 AM
- Final suspect in Dutch art heist arrested in UKMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:48:53 AM
- NBC's 'Sound of Music Live': Hollywood's Best ReactionsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:00:00 PM
- Oprah Winfrey Says Goodbye to Nelson Mandela: 'My Hero' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:01:17 PM
- Iconic Saratoga Springs, NY, restaurant for sale
NEW YORK (AP) — Works of art, memorabilia and decorative arts that belonged to the late "Easy Rider" film star, Dennis Hopper, are going on the auction block in New York.
Among the highlights is a portrait by Andy Warhol titled "Mao." The auction house says Hopper shot two bullet holes into the portrait of the Chinese communist leader after a wild night in the early 1970s.
Christie's says Warhol circled the holes and labeled them "warning shot" and "bullet hole." It says the two men agreed to call the work a collaboration.
The screenprint has a pre-sale estimate of $20,000 to $30,000.
The Jan. 11-12 sale also has posters from Hopper's movies, including "Apocalypse Now" and "Blue Velvet." Most are estimated to sell for $200 to $500.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite