Denzel Washington: 'I don't have any actor friends'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: © Jack G. / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: PNP/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ10 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ11 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ12 of 17
- Photo: Bishop/Rob Kim/Kevin Brooks-AdMedia/Retna Digital13 of 17
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: R-STEINBERG15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Denzel Washington says his real friends aren't in Hollywood.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "Even within the industry, I don't have any actor friends. My friends are old friends. One's an ex-music guy, the other's a restaurant owner and the other's an ex-pro ballplayer. ... I don't make friends. Maybe I'm not a butt-kisser, maybe I'm not a schmoozer. I'm not about to go to a party to try to get a job. And then, when you have children, the other friends become other parents. We'd coach baseball or basketball. My wife and I were raised right. I don't want movie star friends."
RELATED: Denzel and more celebs out and about
Washington also concedes his skin color made him feel like an outsider in Hollywood when he first started out in acting, adding, "Being African-American, there were no big movie stars to hang out with anyway, not when I was starting out, they were just the third guy from the back. For whatever reason, I never befriended any white actors."
RELATED: 2013 milestones for celebs
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite