Denzel Washington: 'I don't have any actor friends'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: © Jack G. / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: PNP/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ10 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ11 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ12 of 17
- Photo: Bishop/Rob Kim/Kevin Brooks-AdMedia/Retna Digital13 of 17
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: R-STEINBERG15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Rachel Maddow Show' Names Cory Gnazzo as Executive ProducerMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 1:16:00 PM
- Ceelo Green's 'The Good Life' Canceled After No Contest Plea, Rape TweetsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 1:13:00 PM
- Lifetime's 'Unauthorized Saved the Bell' Movie Attracts 1.6 Million VieweMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 12:58:00 PM
- Sony Pictures Animation Developing Faith-Based Movie About Nativity Story (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Russell Brand Documentary to Explore Social Media, Political ActivismMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:31:00 AM
- 'Rachel Maddow Show' Names Cory Gnazzo as Executive Producer
Denzel Washington says his real friends aren't in Hollywood.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "Even within the industry, I don't have any actor friends. My friends are old friends. One's an ex-music guy, the other's a restaurant owner and the other's an ex-pro ballplayer. ... I don't make friends. Maybe I'm not a butt-kisser, maybe I'm not a schmoozer. I'm not about to go to a party to try to get a job. And then, when you have children, the other friends become other parents. We'd coach baseball or basketball. My wife and I were raised right. I don't want movie star friends."
RELATED: Denzel and more celebs out and about
Washington also concedes his skin color made him feel like an outsider in Hollywood when he first started out in acting, adding, "Being African-American, there were no big movie stars to hang out with anyway, not when I was starting out, they were just the third guy from the back. For whatever reason, I never befriended any white actors."
RELATED: 2013 milestones for celebs
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite