Denzel Washington: 'I don't have any actor friends'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: © Jack G. / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: PNP/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ10 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ11 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ12 of 17
- Photo: Bishop/Rob Kim/Kevin Brooks-AdMedia/Retna Digital13 of 17
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: R-STEINBERG15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Denzel Washington says his real friends aren't in Hollywood.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "Even within the industry, I don't have any actor friends. My friends are old friends. One's an ex-music guy, the other's a restaurant owner and the other's an ex-pro ballplayer. ... I don't make friends. Maybe I'm not a butt-kisser, maybe I'm not a schmoozer. I'm not about to go to a party to try to get a job. And then, when you have children, the other friends become other parents. We'd coach baseball or basketball. My wife and I were raised right. I don't want movie star friends."
RELATED: Denzel and more celebs out and about
Washington also concedes his skin color made him feel like an outsider in Hollywood when he first started out in acting, adding, "Being African-American, there were no big movie stars to hang out with anyway, not when I was starting out, they were just the third guy from the back. For whatever reason, I never befriended any white actors."
RELATED: 2013 milestones for celebs
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite