Denzel Washington: 'I don't have any actor friends'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: © Jack G. / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: PNP/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ10 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ11 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ12 of 17
- Photo: Bishop/Rob Kim/Kevin Brooks-AdMedia/Retna Digital13 of 17
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: R-STEINBERG15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Denzel Washington says his real friends aren't in Hollywood.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "Even within the industry, I don't have any actor friends. My friends are old friends. One's an ex-music guy, the other's a restaurant owner and the other's an ex-pro ballplayer. ... I don't make friends. Maybe I'm not a butt-kisser, maybe I'm not a schmoozer. I'm not about to go to a party to try to get a job. And then, when you have children, the other friends become other parents. We'd coach baseball or basketball. My wife and I were raised right. I don't want movie star friends."
RELATED: Denzel and more celebs out and about
Washington also concedes his skin color made him feel like an outsider in Hollywood when he first started out in acting, adding, "Being African-American, there were no big movie stars to hang out with anyway, not when I was starting out, they were just the third guy from the back. For whatever reason, I never befriended any white actors."
RELATED: 2013 milestones for celebs
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite