Denzel Washington: 'I don't have any actor friends'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: © Jack G. / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: PNP/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ10 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ11 of 17
- Photo: Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ12 of 17
- Photo: Bishop/Rob Kim/Kevin Brooks-AdMedia/Retna Digital13 of 17
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: R-STEINBERG15 of 17
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Denzel Washington says his real friends aren't in Hollywood.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper, "Even within the industry, I don't have any actor friends. My friends are old friends. One's an ex-music guy, the other's a restaurant owner and the other's an ex-pro ballplayer. ... I don't make friends. Maybe I'm not a butt-kisser, maybe I'm not a schmoozer. I'm not about to go to a party to try to get a job. And then, when you have children, the other friends become other parents. We'd coach baseball or basketball. My wife and I were raised right. I don't want movie star friends."
RELATED: Denzel and more celebs out and about
Washington also concedes his skin color made him feel like an outsider in Hollywood when he first started out in acting, adding, "Being African-American, there were no big movie stars to hang out with anyway, not when I was starting out, they were just the third guy from the back. For whatever reason, I never befriended any white actors."
RELATED: 2013 milestones for celebs
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite