Diane Kruger: I'm Pessimistic About Marriage After 1 Divorce
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Josh and Diane at the National Movie Awards/RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Mike Giro/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin4 of 6
- Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/GettyImages.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's Family
One time down the aisle was enough for Diane Kruger.
The "Inglourious Basterds" actress, 34, has been dating Joshua Jackson for over four years -- but don't expect the hot and heavy pair to get matrimonial.
That's because the German-born star has already been married once, to French actor Guillaume Canet, and it didn't end well.
"I was married very young," Kruger tells the new issue of Glamour mag. "We were together seven years."
She and Canet married in 2001 and divorced in 2006. Shortly after that split, the handsome French actor stepped out with costar Marion Cotillard; the couple are now expecting their first child together.
Kruger tells Glamour of her union with Canet: "Without sounding pessimistic, I learned that I don't believe in marriage. I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There's no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning."
Another reason behind her pessimism? She admits that her alcoholic father's erratic behavior forced Kruger, her mother and brother to move out of the family home when she was 13.
"I also made a lot of boys pay for my father's behavior," she admits.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite