Diane Kruger: I'm Pessimistic About Marriage After 1 Divorce
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Josh and Diane at the National Movie Awards/RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Mike Giro/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin4 of 6
- Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/GettyImages.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
One time down the aisle was enough for Diane Kruger.
The "Inglourious Basterds" actress, 34, has been dating Joshua Jackson for over four years -- but don't expect the hot and heavy pair to get matrimonial.
That's because the German-born star has already been married once, to French actor Guillaume Canet, and it didn't end well.
"I was married very young," Kruger tells the new issue of Glamour mag. "We were together seven years."
She and Canet married in 2001 and divorced in 2006. Shortly after that split, the handsome French actor stepped out with costar Marion Cotillard; the couple are now expecting their first child together.
Kruger tells Glamour of her union with Canet: "Without sounding pessimistic, I learned that I don't believe in marriage. I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There's no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning."
Another reason behind her pessimism? She admits that her alcoholic father's erratic behavior forced Kruger, her mother and brother to move out of the family home when she was 13.
"I also made a lot of boys pay for my father's behavior," she admits.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite