Did Alex Rodriguez Use His Dogs to Flirt With Kristen Bell?
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: SCOTT APPEL/StarTraks2 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 14
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Jeff Daly/WENN6 of 14
- Photo: Victor Calvo/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: KADENA PIX/Bauer-Griffin8 of 14
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Cameron and A-Rod at a Super Bowl bash / George Pimentel/GettyImages.com12 of 14
- Photo: Wenzelberg/Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- It's Angelina Jolie vs. Ben Affleck vs. Michael Keaton as Awards Season Kicks OffMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:51:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse Lawsuit
With a little black book as star-studded as A-Rod's, can anyone blame Kristen Bell for thinking he might be flirting with her on a redeye from Los Angeles to New York?
The 31-year-old actress was on the same flight as Yankees player Alex Rodriguez, 36, two weeks ago -- but Bell didn't realize he was a fellow passenger until his pet Chihuahuas escaped from their cages.
Around 1:45 a.m., "Everyone else on the plane was dead asleep and the lights were down. I crawled up and I opened my eyes and I saw a dog running down the aisle of the plane, like a free range dog," Bell said on "Chelsea Lately" Thursday.
"So then I'm playing with this dog," Bell continued, "and five seconds later, another dog! I look at this guy, Daniel, who I've been sitting next to and talking to for the past two hours, and I'm like, 'Are we in the 'Twilight Zone'? Why do I have two dogs in my hands?'"
The "House of Lies" actress "spent the next 20 minutes cuddling" with the two canines. "They couldn't make an announcement because everyone on the plane was asleep, so the stewardess and I were trying to 'Veronica Mars' our way out of this, and I realized I did clock two dog carriers. I definitely saw these two Chihuahuas coming out of A-Rod's dog carrier."
"I wanted desperately to walk over and shake him and say, 'Excuse me, Mr. Rod? I think I found your dogs,'" Bell told host Chelsea Handler, 36. "But the stewardess wouldn't let me do it, so I had to shove them back in his case."
Upon further reflection, Bell -- currently engaged to her "When in Rome" costar Dax Shepard -- realized Rodriguez might be using his dogs to bait her into having a conversation.
"I thought, 'Is this Svengalian Don Juan actually planting these dogs for us to have an interaction?' Cause you know he's got a way with the ladies," Bell reasoned. "Did he just curl up and open the dog case and be like, 'See ya later, KB?' Was I being tricked into having an interaction? That's what you think of when you see somebody like that."
Her theory about Rodriguez aside, Bell admitted it's not the first time she's encountered lost puppies: "I'm a dog magnet -- that's kind of how I'm known in my friend circle," the "Big Miracle" actress said. "I keep a leash and treats in my car because I'm always running into stray dogs."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite