- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in FranceMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 5:57:00 AM
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit ProgramMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:47:00 AM
- Shonda Rhimes to Make Acting Debut on 'The Mindy Project'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:01:00 AM
- 'Rosewater' Review: Jon Stewart Gets Earnest With a Real-Life Story of Middle EastMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer: 'Sorry for Being Such an Idiot'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in France
By Kat Giantis
Need a break from the depressing glut of celebrity tales involving cheating and alleged domestic violence? How about an uplifting story (or three) about a star doing good?
First up is Colin Farrell, who paid a Christmas Day visit to Our Lady's Children's Hospital in Dublin, where he spent several hours visiting with the young patients and showering them with presents, according to the Evening Standard.
This is apparently an annual tradition for the reformed Irish bad boy, who prefers that his benevolence stays under-the-radar.
"He keeps a low profile when he comes in. He doesn't want photographers or anything," an insider tells the paper. "He comes in every Christmas Day and spends a lot of time with the children."
Farrell, who welcomed his second son in October, also likes to give his hand-eye coordination a workout.
"He has bought Nintendo DS and Wiis for them and plays with them for a couple of hours," continues the source. "He's really popular with the staff and really genuine, and the kids really love and appreciate his visit."
The actor's charitable bent is well-documented.
In addition to his long-standing support of the Special Olympics, he reached out to a homeless gent during the Toronto International Film Festival a couple years back, taking him on a shopping spree and offering him money and assistance to get off the streets.
RELATED: Who else is a civic-minded celebs?
Meanwhile, on the other end of the do-gooder publicity spectrum is Kanye West, who gave his "I'mma let you finish"-tarnished image a much-needed polishing last weekend by volunteering to serve lunch to the homeless at a Los Angeles mission.
"It's just important to give back when you're very blessed," explained the Grammy winner, who was accompanied by his bald-pated squeeze, Amber Rose. "[It's nice] to spread your blessings and take time out, especially during the holidays, to appreciate people who never get that appreciation. It makes me feel really good to come out here."
RELATED: See more photos of Kanye West
And finally, it looks like Demi Moore has taken time out from the Great Photoshop Debate of 2009 to help those less fortunate.
Star says Mrs. Ashton Kutcher ponied up $100,000 to a California community center that helps kids and seniors in need after an electrical fire earlier this month destroyed food and toys set to be handed out over the holidays.
Says a source, "Demi whipped out her checkbook right away."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite