Michael Douglas angry Catherine Zeta-Jones' illness was 'outed'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Wales News Service/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Disney/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Michael Douglas is angry that his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, was put under pressure to talk publicly about her bipolar disorder diagnosis because it was hard enough for the actress to admit she needed help.
The "Chicago" star stunned fans earlier this month by opening up about her battle with depression, revealing she had received treatment at a mental health facility in Connecticut.
She released a statement to the media after news of her stay leaked in the press, and Douglas has praised her courage for facing up to her problems in public.
RELATED: Douglas vows to beat throat cancer
In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, due to air next week, he says, "She was outed. ... My oldest son is in federal prison, my ex-wife is suing me, and I got cancer. It's kind of hard for the wife to say, 'I'm depressed.'"
Douglas' son Cameron, from his marriage to ex-wife Diandra, is serving a five-year sentence for drug charges, while Diandra, who divorced the veteran actor in 2000, is seeking a share of the star's paycheck from his 2010 movie "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite