Drew Barrymore: I want more kids
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: JAVIER MATEO/StarTraks4 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet9 of 10
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Drew Barrymore, 38, is dishing on being a mom and getting ready to enter her 40s in a new interview for InStyle's September issue, in which she also reveals that she definitely wants to have more children with husband Will Kopelman!
"I was an only child, and it was lonely. Some people love it and thrive on the independence, but I want my kids to have other kids around," she tells the magazine candidly. "Maybe two kids so they can run around life together, roll their eyes at their parents together like Rusty and Audrey Griswold from [National Lampoon's] 'Vacation.' So however that's going to come about, it's gonna happen!"
Drew and Will, whom she married last June, already have a daughter together, 1-year-old Olive.
"I love the person who said, "'Parenting is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body.' It's the most beautiful, perfect analogy," she says about her new role as a parent. "I have anxieties about how much I'd like to get it right, making sure I provide her [Olive] with an environment that's safe, nurturing and loving. And silly and free, also consistent and grounding. Then I just have the same typical fear every other parent has: Are they going to fall down?"
Though, thankfully, she has Will to balance her out.
"Will and I are a nice balance of opposition and similarities. He always says, 'Being calm is so important.' Because I tend to be not calm. I probably act more like a chicken with its head cut off!" she admits. "But I can also be very strong. I'm entering my 40s, and now I get to step back and take these incredible, extraordinary life experiences and life lessons and apply them to being a parent."
Getting ready to enter her 40s, the former troubled child star has definitely learned a few important life lessons.
"Nothing comes for free. Life does not provide you with an easy ride. You have to face really deep internal and sometimes external challenges," she reflects. "It's so humbling. Not to take away from the really big obstacles everybody faces, but I've also learned you just have realize how ridiculous certain things can be."
InStyle's September 2013 issue hits newsstands and is available for download to your tablet on Aug. 16.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBreeding Hubby
From Crowd Ignite