Kirsten Dunst searches for herself online
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Brian To/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: LTA/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: CMF/ZJF/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Flare/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
Kirsten Dunst can't help but search for stories about herself on the Internet, despite branding her Google fixation a "very dangerous" habit.
The actress began worrying about saucy pictures of herself surfacing online after she stripped off for full-frontal nude scenes in Lars Von Trier's drama Melancholia.
She says, "I hadn't been that nude in a film before. It's nerve-wracking but at that point I knew everyone pretty well and it was a closed set. Lars and I were making jokes to each other... It was cold, I was lying there. But I knew it was going to be pretty. Doing a Lars Von Trier film, you know you're going to be naked in one of the scenes, for sure...
"I'm doing the work at that point but then later (after filming wrapped), I do think about it because I'm out, I'm not in Sweden anymore in this remote countryside. I'm in L.A. thinking, 'Well, this is going to be all over the Internet, great!'"
Dunst reveals she does log online to read the latest gossip about herself, although the negative criticism hurts her feelings.
When asked if she Googles herself, she replies, "Of course, who doesn't? It's not good to do because ultimately the two nice comments (outweigh) the one bad one you're going to be focused on. It's not very healthy to do. It's a very dangerous place. It's not healthy."
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite