Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on hernia surgery: 'Those were sexy times'
- Photo: @TheRock/Twitter1 of 7
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/Getty Images North America5 of 7
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
"Pain & Gain" isn't just the name of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's latest movie; it's also an apt description of his recent recovery from hernia surgery. A little more than a month after he injured himself during a WrestleMania battle with Jon Cena, the actor and wrestler, 40, sat down to chat with Entertainment Tonight about what happened and how he's feeling.
"About midway through the match, I tore my abductor tendon, as well as my rectus tendon, completely off my pelvis," he explained to ET. "And then I found out that I had three wonderful hernia tears."
As a result, the WWE star had to have an emergency hernia operation on Monday, April 22, the night of "Pain & Gain"'s Hollywood premiere. He missed that event, of course, along with several others tied to the upcoming release of "Fast & Furious 6." And those aren't the only negatives.
"There's a lot of fun swelling in the 'cash and prizes' area for the first week and a half," he quipped. "Those were sexy times...It's a lot of fun pain to go through."
The one upside? Getting to spend more time with his daughter, 11-year-old Simone Alexandra [with ex-wife Dany Garcia].
"My little girl was so happy that I was able to come home," he told ET. "I said, 'Well, you know daddy's still Superman, right?'" (Johnson posted a photo of himself in a surgical cap and Superman T-shirt shortly after his procedure, along with the caption, "Superman is on the mend...#WeFallWeRise.")
"It was a really nice blessing to slow down," he added. "It was almost God's way of saying, 'Well, now you're gonna take a break.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite