Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on hernia surgery: 'Those were sexy times'
- Photo: @TheRock/Twitter1 of 7
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/Getty Images North America5 of 7
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
"Pain & Gain" isn't just the name of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's latest movie; it's also an apt description of his recent recovery from hernia surgery. A little more than a month after he injured himself during a WrestleMania battle with Jon Cena, the actor and wrestler, 40, sat down to chat with Entertainment Tonight about what happened and how he's feeling.
"About midway through the match, I tore my abductor tendon, as well as my rectus tendon, completely off my pelvis," he explained to ET. "And then I found out that I had three wonderful hernia tears."
As a result, the WWE star had to have an emergency hernia operation on Monday, April 22, the night of "Pain & Gain"'s Hollywood premiere. He missed that event, of course, along with several others tied to the upcoming release of "Fast & Furious 6." And those aren't the only negatives.
"There's a lot of fun swelling in the 'cash and prizes' area for the first week and a half," he quipped. "Those were sexy times...It's a lot of fun pain to go through."
The one upside? Getting to spend more time with his daughter, 11-year-old Simone Alexandra [with ex-wife Dany Garcia].
"My little girl was so happy that I was able to come home," he told ET. "I said, 'Well, you know daddy's still Superman, right?'" (Johnson posted a photo of himself in a surgical cap and Superman T-shirt shortly after his procedure, along with the caption, "Superman is on the mend...#WeFallWeRise.")
"It was a really nice blessing to slow down," he added. "It was almost God's way of saying, 'Well, now you're gonna take a break.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite