Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on hernia surgery: 'Those were sexy times'
- Photo: @TheRock/Twitter1 of 7
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/Getty Images North America5 of 7
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
"Pain & Gain" isn't just the name of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's latest movie; it's also an apt description of his recent recovery from hernia surgery. A little more than a month after he injured himself during a WrestleMania battle with Jon Cena, the actor and wrestler, 40, sat down to chat with Entertainment Tonight about what happened and how he's feeling.
"About midway through the match, I tore my abductor tendon, as well as my rectus tendon, completely off my pelvis," he explained to ET. "And then I found out that I had three wonderful hernia tears."
As a result, the WWE star had to have an emergency hernia operation on Monday, April 22, the night of "Pain & Gain"'s Hollywood premiere. He missed that event, of course, along with several others tied to the upcoming release of "Fast & Furious 6." And those aren't the only negatives.
"There's a lot of fun swelling in the 'cash and prizes' area for the first week and a half," he quipped. "Those were sexy times...It's a lot of fun pain to go through."
The one upside? Getting to spend more time with his daughter, 11-year-old Simone Alexandra [with ex-wife Dany Garcia].
"My little girl was so happy that I was able to come home," he told ET. "I said, 'Well, you know daddy's still Superman, right?'" (Johnson posted a photo of himself in a surgical cap and Superman T-shirt shortly after his procedure, along with the caption, "Superman is on the mend...#WeFallWeRise.")
"It was a really nice blessing to slow down," he added. "It was almost God's way of saying, 'Well, now you're gonna take a break.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite