Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on hernia surgery: 'Those were sexy times'
- Photo: @TheRock/Twitter1 of 7
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/Getty Images North America5 of 7
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' MoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:07:32 AM
- Jon Stewart Bashes NSA and 'World of Warcraft' Gamers in Carly Rae Jepsen Song SpoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:55:51 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Star Oscar Isaac Performs Katy Perry's 'RoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:46:59 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)
"Pain & Gain" isn't just the name of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's latest movie; it's also an apt description of his recent recovery from hernia surgery. A little more than a month after he injured himself during a WrestleMania battle with Jon Cena, the actor and wrestler, 40, sat down to chat with Entertainment Tonight about what happened and how he's feeling.
"About midway through the match, I tore my abductor tendon, as well as my rectus tendon, completely off my pelvis," he explained to ET. "And then I found out that I had three wonderful hernia tears."
As a result, the WWE star had to have an emergency hernia operation on Monday, April 22, the night of "Pain & Gain"'s Hollywood premiere. He missed that event, of course, along with several others tied to the upcoming release of "Fast & Furious 6." And those aren't the only negatives.
"There's a lot of fun swelling in the 'cash and prizes' area for the first week and a half," he quipped. "Those were sexy times...It's a lot of fun pain to go through."
The one upside? Getting to spend more time with his daughter, 11-year-old Simone Alexandra [with ex-wife Dany Garcia].
"My little girl was so happy that I was able to come home," he told ET. "I said, 'Well, you know daddy's still Superman, right?'" (Johnson posted a photo of himself in a surgical cap and Superman T-shirt shortly after his procedure, along with the caption, "Superman is on the mend...#WeFallWeRise.")
"It was a really nice blessing to slow down," he added. "It was almost God's way of saying, 'Well, now you're gonna take a break.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite