Eddie Redmayne Was 'Puking His Guts Out Backstage' at BAFTA Awards
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:53:00 AM
- Review: 'Hercules' is schlocky but entertainingMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:25:31 AM
- 'Walking Dead' Creator Robert Kirkman's Cinemax Pilot, 'Outcast,MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:16:00 AM
- The Verge Co-Founder Joshua Topolsky Joins BloombergMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:10:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 10:36 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:36:57 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film Festival
Eddie Redmayne appeared to be in good spirits when he arrived at the BAFTA Awards in London on Sunday, Feb. 10 -- but unfortunately, it didn't last long. Though he gleefully chatted up his Les Miserables costar Anne Hathaway on the red carpet, once the show began, the British actor fell ill.
"Eddie has bad food poisoning. It was a difficult for him to make it here today but he did his best," a source tells Us Weekly. "After doing the carpet he felt really sick again."
Redmayne, 31, was slated to present an award with Lincoln's Sally Field but was forced to pull out at the last minute. "He is puking his guts out backstage," Field, 66, told the audience.
Les Miserables was nominated in nine categories, including Outstanding British Film; director Tom Hooper's adaptation of the stage musical lost that award to Skyfall. Hathaway, 30, was named Best Supporting Actress for her role as Fantine, and Les Miserables picked up awards in three technical categories: Best Sound, Best Hair and Makeup and Best Production Design.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite