Eddie Redmayne Was 'Puking His Guts Out Backstage' at BAFTA Awards
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Eddie Redmayne appeared to be in good spirits when he arrived at the BAFTA Awards in London on Sunday, Feb. 10 -- but unfortunately, it didn't last long. Though he gleefully chatted up his Les Miserables costar Anne Hathaway on the red carpet, once the show began, the British actor fell ill.
"Eddie has bad food poisoning. It was a difficult for him to make it here today but he did his best," a source tells Us Weekly. "After doing the carpet he felt really sick again."
Redmayne, 31, was slated to present an award with Lincoln's Sally Field but was forced to pull out at the last minute. "He is puking his guts out backstage," Field, 66, told the audience.
Les Miserables was nominated in nine categories, including Outstanding British Film; director Tom Hooper's adaptation of the stage musical lost that award to Skyfall. Hathaway, 30, was named Best Supporting Actress for her role as Fantine, and Les Miserables picked up awards in three technical categories: Best Sound, Best Hair and Makeup and Best Production Design.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite