Eddie Redmayne Was 'Puking His Guts Out Backstage' at BAFTA Awards
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Eddie Redmayne appeared to be in good spirits when he arrived at the BAFTA Awards in London on Sunday, Feb. 10 -- but unfortunately, it didn't last long. Though he gleefully chatted up his Les Miserables costar Anne Hathaway on the red carpet, once the show began, the British actor fell ill.
"Eddie has bad food poisoning. It was a difficult for him to make it here today but he did his best," a source tells Us Weekly. "After doing the carpet he felt really sick again."
Redmayne, 31, was slated to present an award with Lincoln's Sally Field but was forced to pull out at the last minute. "He is puking his guts out backstage," Field, 66, told the audience.
Les Miserables was nominated in nine categories, including Outstanding British Film; director Tom Hooper's adaptation of the stage musical lost that award to Skyfall. Hathaway, 30, was named Best Supporting Actress for her role as Fantine, and Les Miserables picked up awards in three technical categories: Best Sound, Best Hair and Makeup and Best Production Design.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Even boldfaced names like Pamela Anderson and John Krasinski get star-struck on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite