Zac Efron pureed chicken to help bulk up
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Koi Sojer/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 18
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Aflo/Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 18
- Photo: Jun Sato/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN7 of 18
- Photo: Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage9 of 18
- Photo: Red Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News10 of 18
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 18
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla / ALFAQUI / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.14 of 18
- Photo: Sinky/Butters/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: VPB/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Splash News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' Movie
Actor Zac Efron gained 25 pounds for his new role as a Marine in "The Lucky One," and part of his regimen involved by guzzling a chicken puree.
RELATED: Love Predictions: New Relationships
The "High School Musical" hunk stars in the upcoming film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' best-selling novel about a Marine who searches for the woman he believes is his good luck charm, and Efron felt he needed to beef up to make his portrayal a convincing one.
He tells Cosmopolitan magazine, "We met with a bunch of staff sergeants at Camp Pendleton (in Southern California). Most of them were my height, but they really had a lot of extra weight on them. So, for the role, I must have put on 25 pounds."
RELATED: The Hottest Oscar Couples
The actor says he had to find creative ways to help pack on the bulk because he was simply tired of chewing all of his food.
Efron says, "If I could lay out on a table what I ate in one day, your jaw would drop. It was thousands and thousands of calories. One day I put three chicken breasts into a blender and hit 'puree' because I just couldn't chew. Chewing was taking so long!"
RELATED: Covert Couples
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite