Zac Efron pureed chicken to help bulk up
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Koi Sojer/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 18
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Aflo/Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 18
- Photo: Jun Sato/WireImage6 of 18
- Photo: AP1/WENN7 of 18
- Photo: Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage9 of 18
- Photo: Red Wasp/Blue Wasp/Splash News10 of 18
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 18
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: Cesar Cebolla / ALFAQUI / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.14 of 18
- Photo: Sinky/Butters/Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: VPB/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Splash News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Actor Zac Efron gained 25 pounds for his new role as a Marine in "The Lucky One," and part of his regimen involved by guzzling a chicken puree.
RELATED: Love Predictions: New Relationships
The "High School Musical" hunk stars in the upcoming film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' best-selling novel about a Marine who searches for the woman he believes is his good luck charm, and Efron felt he needed to beef up to make his portrayal a convincing one.
He tells Cosmopolitan magazine, "We met with a bunch of staff sergeants at Camp Pendleton (in Southern California). Most of them were my height, but they really had a lot of extra weight on them. So, for the role, I must have put on 25 pounds."
RELATED: The Hottest Oscar Couples
The actor says he had to find creative ways to help pack on the bulk because he was simply tired of chewing all of his food.
Efron says, "If I could lay out on a table what I ate in one day, your jaw would drop. It was thousands and thousands of calories. One day I put three chicken breasts into a blender and hit 'puree' because I just couldn't chew. Chewing was taking so long!"
RELATED: Covert Couples
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTScent Of A Woman
From Crowd Ignite