Efron cried at first audition
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Zac Efron nearly gave up on his acting career after his first audition, because the try-out was so bad it made him cry.
The "High School Musical" star was just 15 when he went along to meet the producers of a Peter Pan-inspired project, but his acting skills did not impress the Hollywood bosses and he was rejected immediately.
RELATED: See more pics of Zac Efron
And Efron, 22, admits the memory still makes him cringe.
He says, "My first audition ever was for this "Peter Pan" live action show when I was 15 and I'd just done the play "Peter Pan" so I thought 'who could be better?'"
"I showed up and it was on tape in this tiny room. On stage you speak to the back of the room and you project and Peter Pan is very animated and jumping off things and going crazy so that's what I did in the audition, running around and jumping off my chair, singing the lines."
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
"This woman interrupted me and goes 'you've never done this before have you?' and I went 'no' and she went 'okay, you can go' and that was the worst audition ever, ever in my life. I kind of wept about that one."
From Crowd Ignite