Elijah Wood opens up about therapy
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America3 of 13
- Photo: Hahn/Marechal/Nebinger/StarTraks4 of 13
- Photo: Chris Weeks/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Jerod Harris/GettyImages.com6 of 13
- Photo: JRAB/RRAB/ZOB/ZDS/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Promotional8 of 13
- Photo: Promotional9 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional11 of 13
- Photo: McD22/Flickr/Wireimage/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Elijah Wood suffered a major Hollywood slump as he approached his 30th birthday, so he enrolled in therapy to deal with his issues.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
The "Lord of the Rings" star reveals he didn't work for two years, and he sought professional help as he struggled to deal with his emotional problems.
However, Wood, 32, enjoyed the sessions as he learned to laugh at himself.
He tells Britain's Live magazine, "I've had things that I had to overcome, like everybody does. I went through a period a couple of years ago where I didn't work for two years. When I was 29 and turning 30, I went to therapy for the first time. It was amazing. It made me learn to laugh a lot at myself, but I also learned a lot of groundbreaking things. It was like mental excavation. I found it fascinating."
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite