Elizabeth Banks' baby boy, Magnus: The first picture of her second son
- Photo: Ibanez, Respicio/NPG1 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez, Respicio/NPG2 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG3 of 12
- Photo: Goodwin/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG6 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG7 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG8 of 12
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 12
- Photo: LARRICK EUBANK/ DELBERT SHAW/Bauer-Griffin10 of 12
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
Meet Magnus Mitchell! Six months after Elizabeth Banks announced she and her husband, Max Handelman, had welcomed their second son via gestational surrogate, the "Hunger Games" star gave the first glimpse of her youngest son during a family outing in Santa Monica, Calif., on Sunday. Banks, 39, and Handelman, 40, are also parents to son Felix, who was born via gestational surrogate in 2011.
"My 2-year-old just sang 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' to his baby brother and my heart burst," Banks tweeted. "Happy Mother's Day, moms."
Banks announced Magnus' birth via her official website on Nov. 14. "This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude, and established a relationship that will last a lifetime," Banks said of their gestational surrogate.
Covering the May issue of Marie Claire @Work, Banks opened up about her life as working mother. "First of all, I have a home office. I have two kids, and it means I get to put them down for their naps and be the person they wake up to," she tells the magazine. "When I'm actressing, which is my day job. ... I leave the house at 4:30 in the morning five days a week and I get home at 6, and hope to get two hours with them before they go to bed. So I'm slightly miserable about that."
Since then, Banks and her husband have restructured their lives to spend more time with their boys. The college sweethearts decided to create Brownstone Productions, Banks says, because "we realized very quickly that if we were going to have a life together, he could not go back to a nine-to-five with two weeks of vacation."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite