Elizabeth Banks' baby boy, Magnus: The first picture of her second son
- Photo: Ibanez, Respicio/NPG1 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez, Respicio/NPG2 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG3 of 12
- Photo: Goodwin/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG6 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG7 of 12
- Photo: Ibanez/NPG8 of 12
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 12
- Photo: LARRICK EUBANK/ DELBERT SHAW/Bauer-Griffin10 of 12
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Meet Magnus Mitchell! Six months after Elizabeth Banks announced she and her husband, Max Handelman, had welcomed their second son via gestational surrogate, the "Hunger Games" star gave the first glimpse of her youngest son during a family outing in Santa Monica, Calif., on Sunday. Banks, 39, and Handelman, 40, are also parents to son Felix, who was born via gestational surrogate in 2011.
"My 2-year-old just sang 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' to his baby brother and my heart burst," Banks tweeted. "Happy Mother's Day, moms."
Banks announced Magnus' birth via her official website on Nov. 14. "This experience has exceeded all expectations, taught us a great deal about generosity and gratitude, and established a relationship that will last a lifetime," Banks said of their gestational surrogate.
Covering the May issue of Marie Claire @Work, Banks opened up about her life as working mother. "First of all, I have a home office. I have two kids, and it means I get to put them down for their naps and be the person they wake up to," she tells the magazine. "When I'm actressing, which is my day job. ... I leave the house at 4:30 in the morning five days a week and I get home at 6, and hope to get two hours with them before they go to bed. So I'm slightly miserable about that."
Since then, Banks and her husband have restructured their lives to spend more time with their boys. The college sweethearts decided to create Brownstone Productions, Banks says, because "we realized very quickly that if we were going to have a life together, he could not go back to a nine-to-five with two weeks of vacation."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite