Elizabeth Banks Enjoys Out-Earning Husband
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Allure4 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Comic-Con 2014: All the Latest NewsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:34:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'A Most Wanted Man' Debuts With Eye on OscarMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Hemlock Grove's Most WTF Moment YetMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington to Headline HBO Tennis MockumentaryMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:50:00 AM
- Comic-Con 2014: All the Latest News
Actress Elizabeth Banks has no qualms about out-earning her producer husband, Max Handelman, insisting men no longer need to be breadwinners in today's society.
RELATED: Before They Were Hunger Gamers
The "Hunger Games" star wed college sweetheart Handelman in 2003 and, since the beginning of their marriage, Banks has pulled in millions of dollars thanks to roles in "Spider-Man," "Seabiscuit," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "The Next Three Days," while producer Handelman has earned significantly less.
Banks loves the fact she's the main provider and she feels good about paving the way for other women to aspire to do the same.
She tells Allure magazine, "We're the first generation to do it and it's very ingrained, even in our DNA, that men are hunter gatherers who are meant to go off and provide, and that we (women) are really meant to stay at home and have kids, which we have to do because they don't know how to do it! But they're learning. We're all figuring the same thing out. And let's be honest, men love a second income. It gets them their boat and their vacations. They want their wives to work."
RELATED: Pop Culture Summer Camps
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite