Elizabeth Banks Enjoys Out-Earning Husband
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: USA Films/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Allure4 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Apple Plans to Buy Radio-Podcasting App Swell for $30 Million (Report)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:42:00 AM
- Anthony Anderson Eats America for Food NetworkMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:49:00 AM
- The Twin Girls From 'The Shining' Went to the Stanley Kubrick Museum and Took AmazMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's Plagiarism
Actress Elizabeth Banks has no qualms about out-earning her producer husband, Max Handelman, insisting men no longer need to be breadwinners in today's society.
RELATED: Before They Were Hunger Gamers
The "Hunger Games" star wed college sweetheart Handelman in 2003 and, since the beginning of their marriage, Banks has pulled in millions of dollars thanks to roles in "Spider-Man," "Seabiscuit," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "The Next Three Days," while producer Handelman has earned significantly less.
Banks loves the fact she's the main provider and she feels good about paving the way for other women to aspire to do the same.
She tells Allure magazine, "We're the first generation to do it and it's very ingrained, even in our DNA, that men are hunter gatherers who are meant to go off and provide, and that we (women) are really meant to stay at home and have kids, which we have to do because they don't know how to do it! But they're learning. We're all figuring the same thing out. And let's be honest, men love a second income. It gets them their boat and their vacations. They want their wives to work."
RELATED: Pop Culture Summer Camps
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite